Why Led Lighting Is a Responsible and Cost-Effective Choice for Your Storefront Sign
LED light bulbs have been taking over the lighting world, and for good reason. These durable, energy-efficient lights are now widely available for a variety of lighting products, including indoor light bulbs and outdoor lanterns. Many people are making the switch over to LED sign lighting in their homes and businesses for the significant energy savings and long life of LED light bulbs.
They are truly a worthwhile investment for anyone who pays electricity bills and is environmentally conscious.
Here are the many benefits of opting for LED sign lighting for your storefront. Making the switch for an alternative lighting option for your business will benefit both your energy consumption and your wallet.
There are simple ways that we can reduce our energy consumption on a daily basis that benefits both the environment and our budget. Habits as simple as switching lights off when we leave a room to doing laundry at off-peak times are great ways to eliminate waste. Another simple solution is opting for LED lighting whenever possible. Here are the many environmentally-friendly characteristics of LED sign lighting:
- LED lights do not have any toxic materials, unlike the mercury found in compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs. When broken, CFLs pose a severe health hazard and will contaminate the environment, especially when in landfills.
- LED lighting is 100 % recyclable, so these light bulbs shouldn’t end up in landfills.
The durable quality and long life of LED bulbs mean fewer materials and energy are used for production overall, and there is also less waste from old or damaged bulbs.LED lights
- LED lights emit less CO2 emissions—30 LED light bulbs emit around 200 kg of emissions annually, while 30 incandescent light bulbs release more than 10 times that amount—around 2,500 kg annually.Compared to other lighting, LED lights have a much lower heat output. There is no risk of LED light bulbs overheating, so they won’t heat up a room or put a demand on your air conditioning system.
- Compared to other lighting, LED lights have a much lower heat output. There is no risk of LED light bulbs overheating, so they won’t heat up a room or put a demand on your air conditioning system.
- The major highlight of LED lighting is that it is extremely energy efficient, using significantly less energy than other lighting and placing less of a demand on our energy resources.
Cost-Effective LED Sign Lighting
Aside from reducing your environmental footprint with LED sign lighting, you can also reduce the long-term costs of operating your sign. LED lights conserve energy at a rate that allows you to reduce your lighting energy costs by 70-90%.
The durability and long lifespan of LED light bulbs result in significant savings on replacement bulbs—LEDs have an average life span of 50,000 or more hours, compared to around 8,000 hours for CFLs and 12,000 for incandescent light bulbs. Since you won’t have to replace the bulbs as often, you can also save on maintenance costs like time and labour for replacing light bulbs and managing your signage.
The cost savings alone make LED sign lighting a worthwhile investment for your storefront. But if you are also environmentally conscious and you want to take that extra simple step to conserve energy and reduce pollution, then LED lighting is certainly a wise option.